Location – UK/Ireland – Remote/Hybrid or Office depending on your preference
Package – Salary + Benefits + Equity
Eppione offers an end-to-end employee benefits capability that allow businesses to offer and manage a broad range of employee benefits products to their staff worldwide.
The global solution is centered on an advanced employee benefits management system combined with an extensive employee benefits products marketplace and a modern HR management system.
In this role you’ll have a unique opportunity to scale a sales machine almost from scratch.
You will work with some of the best and fastest growing companies globally to help build their employee benefits and reward offerings.
Our existing team is lean but very talented, having extensive knowledge of the employee benefit and insurance landscape and having already laid the foundations of an efficient and effective sales process. We’re generating leads and closing deals through a consultative and impact-led approach. And now we’re looking for a one-of-a-kind sales leader to help take things up a notch. You will attract top talent, motivate our existing team, and lead by example with your hands on approach.
As part of the founding sales team, you’ll be ready to roll your sleeves up in the short term but will leverage your sales leadership experience to develop and execute the long-term strategic sales vision. In short, you’ll help us build an impact-led business—not just sell a product.
Your success will be measured based on new MRR / customers you can close. We are a fast-growth company: if you’re successful in your role there will be plenty of opportunities to grow and take on more responsibility.
What you’ll be working on:
- Leadership: From day one, you’ll create a legacy that we can all look back on and be proud of. You will be the driving force behind the sales strategy that enables Eppione to become the Operating System for Benefits Globally. As well as leading and developing our current team, you’ll hire the next generation of Eppione’s sales team. You will continue to build the culture within our sales team, with healthy competition combined with a collaboration and a mission-led approach.
- Closing: You will lead from the front, showing the current sales team what’s possible through actions – rolling up your sleeves by talking to prospects, qualifying, and closing deals. You have the desire to learn by doing and building the playbook based on your experience.
- Operations (the science): You’ll bring your experience of creating and implementing successful sales playbooks, reviewing our existing processes, and creating new ones where necessary. This includes tooling, benchmarking, goal setting and reporting. To use the old cliché, you’ll run a well-oiled machine that doesn’t run on guesswork.
- Value prop (the art): You’ll go deep into understanding our market, ideal customer profile, and buyer persona. Armed with that knowledge and insight, you’ll work with the wider team to develop a value proposition that is always multiple steps ahead of the competition.
- Coaching: Bringing your previous hands-on experience, you’ll empower our Sales and Customer Success Teams, enabling them to be successful and motivated every day they come to work. You won’t just watch, you will dive in on calls, dust off your playbooks, and train by doing. Whilst respecting everyone’s individual style, you’ll encourage knowledge sharing, mentorship and of course celebrating success!
- Collaboration: Right now, Sales works very closely with the rest of the org (namely Marketing, Product and Customer Success). You’ll build on this by breaking down walls and not building them up. You’ll think of new ways to encourage everyone in the team to feel like they can contribute to Sales, no matter their function.
- Self-development: Although you’re not a beginner, you’ll come to us with a beginner’s mindset—open and willing to take on new challenges and learn at a rapid pace. You’ll know how to push yourself outside your comfort zone whilst also having the emotional maturity to know when to ask for help. By joining us at this stage, you’re going to be part of the founding team of something very big and very meaningful.
Your Skills and Experience
As our very first sales leader, you’ll be laying the foundations for how Eppione does sales—for many years to come. You’ll have experience building out a high-performing sales org in one of the top SaaS names out there and are now looking to leverage that experience to become a pivotal part of a mission-led startup with huge ambitions.
If we ask your previous team members, they’ll tell us that they owe a big part of their development and success to your leadership. You are very familiar with the fast-paced, VC-backed startup environment and are able to wear a few hats—from sales operations, hands on selling, recruitment, and sale strategy. You love feedback (giving it and receiving it) and are ready to join us on a journey of self development, company success, and personal success.
- You have had hands on SDR and AE experience in your career, and you’re not afraid to roll your sleeves hopping on Sales calls, doing demos, managing, training, and delivering on pipeline
- Experience in a top B2B SaaS company selling to SMB/Mid-market
- People leadership experience of Account Executives and SDRs
- Have proven experience building and scaling an engaged and successful sales team
- Experience in a Series A-C VC funded startup
- Previously held responsibility of setting targets, generating forecasts and reporting on team ROI
- Knowledge of employee benefits or have dealt with HR personas
- Solid data skills when it comes to forecasting, commission plans, and reporting
We are working hard to create a diverse, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. Eppione is an equal opportunities employer and doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic. All applications are very much welcome! If you need any adjustments to support you with your application, just let us know.
Please note we’re unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time