As we enter an unprecedented era of natural disasters and global events we are continually asked the question “How do we manage our employees through this situation?” or “how can we ensure we have suitable controls in place to deal with remote working?”.
There is no easy answer to the question, it depends on how treat your employees, how flexible you are with working conditions and how easy it is for employees to work remotely and then what systems you have in place to:
- Communicate and store Company policies to employees quickly and efficiently.
- Track employee absences – can you define a type of absence easily to ensure you know the real issue? (i.e. can you add self isolation or unable to travel due to floods)
- Monitor working time – do you have clock in/clock out facilities and if not, do you have timesheet options to report time back to a manager for sign off?
- Can you report on time off, so that you can map an event and report on its impact?
- Track assets – laptops, mobile devices to allow employees to do as much as they can from anywhere in the world
Admittedly the last item does not help a small coffee shop who might have to close when staff can’t get to work, but the first 3 can all be useful in defining your business exposure to natural or global events and help in quantifying the impact for insurance purposes when considering business interruption insurance or employee benefit insurance requirements.
How we can help
Eppione’s HR platform allows quick and easy changes to be made to our absence management tool so you can track specific absences. You can change this using your company administrator rights and it doesn’t cost you to do so.
You can see reports on time off at the touch of a button and filter to types of time off easily.
The integrated timesheet option allows some level of control over employees as they work remotely, adding projects and time worked per individual using the mobile application.
We can also help in tracking assets at individual level with items given to employees recorded beside the employee and removed when returned.
These are just 5 of the features of the Eppione HR platform that can help in a natural or global event such as coronavirus.
The integrated employee benefits platform can also help you promote you employee benefit offering, to your employees, which may be the most important part for them to support them through a traumatic experience.